News From the Border

Providing the news from a different front but from a war that we must win as well! I recognize the poverty and desperate conditions that many Latinos live in. We, as the USA, have a responsibility to do as much as we can to reach out to aid and assist spiritually with the Gospel and naturally with training, technology and resources. But poverty gives no one the right to break the laws of another sovereign nation.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Unexpected Perspective From The Baja Big Fish Company

Memo From Mexico, By Allan Wall

Some people find it strange, and even objectionable, that I live in Mexico and write in favor of a stricter U.S. immigration policy.

For me, there is no contradiction. Nor do I consider my writings to be at all anti-Mexican. I just find the whole Open Borders business to be an incredibly hypocritical and destructive scam that hurts both Mexico and the United States.

Some of my previous articles relating to these perspectives:

As you might imagine, I receive plenty of interesting mail, both positive and negative, from a diversity of sources. I’ve gotten angry letters from Hispanic readers (here and here) and from a naturalized American citizen from Mexico. One letter writer told me to go back to Iraq and die. (I served there with my Texas-based National Guard unit). Some Americans have called me a traitor .

On the other hand, I’ve received letters from Mexicans who agree with me, and from a Mexican-American who says I’m not hard enough on Mexicans and Mexican-Americans!

I’ve also received mail from fellow gringos in Mexico. Not all of them are in agreement with each other. Some Americans in Mexico don’t really care about U.S. immigration policy or keep up with it, some support open borders, and others, like myself, are staunch restrictionists. After my article about the Gringo Colony of San Miguel, Mexico—I argued that it is in no way comparable to the Mexican invasion of the U.S.—I received some critical letters from an American resident there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home