News From the Border

Providing the news from a different front but from a war that we must win as well! I recognize the poverty and desperate conditions that many Latinos live in. We, as the USA, have a responsibility to do as much as we can to reach out to aid and assist spiritually with the Gospel and naturally with training, technology and resources. But poverty gives no one the right to break the laws of another sovereign nation.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Verdict Reversal for Ex-Border Patrol Agent

Jan 29, 2007 04:28 PM

David Sipe is a once convicted criminal who can honestly say he "didn't do it."

"Relief. Relief. After 7 years, it's gone. It's over."

The ex-border patrol agent gets a 2001 guilty verdict overturned in his retrial for civil rights violations against a smuggler. The incident dates back to April of 2000 in Penitas.

"He was striking me in the side... he was very close to my weapon... and I had to do what I could to control the situation as fast as I could."

Fearing for his life, David subdues the smuggler by hitting him with his flashlight. It results in staples to the smugglers head. A border patrol investigation is launched and deems his actions inappropriate-- even illegal.

"I don't know how they're able to do that... but I don't think that's fair."

Neither did a jury who overturns his conviction from the first trial against him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home